(Bichromate of Potash)
* The special affinities of this drug are the mucous membrane of stomach,
bowels, and air-passages; bones and fibrous tissues.
* Kidneys, heart, and liver are also affected.
* Incipient parenchrymatous; nephritis.
* Nephritis with gastric disturbances.
* Cirrhosis of liver.
* Anaemia and absence of fever are characteristic.
* General weakness bordering on paralysis.
* It is especially indicated for fleshy, fat, light complexioned persons
subject to catarrhs or with syphilitic or scrofulous history.
* Symptoms are worse in the morning; pains migrate quickly, rheumatic
and gastric symptoms alternate.
* More adapted to subacute rather than the violent acute stage.
* Mucous membranes everywhere are affected.
* Catarrh of pharynx, larynx, bronchi and nose, and a tough, stringy,
viscid secretion is produced, which condition is a very strong guiding
symptom for this drug.
* Perforation of the septum.
* Chronic atonic catarrh.
* Dilatation of stomach and heart.
- Head] - Vertigo with nausea when rising from seat.
- Head] - Headache over eyebrows, preceded by blurred vision.
- Head] - Aching and fullness in glabella.
- Head] - Semilateral headache in small spots, and from suppressed
- Head] - Frontal pain; usually over one eye.
- Head] - Bones and scalp feel sore.
- Eyes] - Supra-orbital neuralgia, right side.
- Eyes] - Eyelids burn, swollen, oedematous.
- Eyes] - Discharge ropy and yellow.
- Eyes] - Ulcers on cornea; no pain or photophobia.
- Eyes] - Descemetitis, with only moderate irritation of eye.
- Eyes] - Croupous conjunctivitis; granular lids, with pannus.
- Eyes] - Iritis, with punctuate deposits on inner surface of cornea.
- Eyes] - Slight pain, with severe ulceration or inflammation. [Conium
- Ears] - Swollen, with tearing pains.
- Ears] - Thick, yellow, stringy, fetid discharge.
- Ears] - Sharp stitches in left ear.
- Nose] - Snuffles of children, especially fat, chubby babies. Pressure
and pain at root of nose, and sticking pain in nose.
- Nose] - Septum ulcerated; round ulcer.
- Nose] - Fetid smell. Discharge thick, ropy, greenish-yellow. Tough,
elastic plugs from nose; leave a raw surface.
- Nose] - Inflammation extends to frontal sinuses, with distress and
fullness at root of nose.
- Nose] - Dropping from posterior nares. [Hydr.]
- Nose] - Loss of smell.
- Nose] - Much hawking.
- Nose] - Inability to breathe through nose.
- Nose] - Dryness.
- Nose] - Coryza, with obstruction of nose.
- Nose] - Violent sneezing.
- Nose] - Profuse, watery nasal discharge.
- Nose] - Chronic inflammation of frontal sinus with stopped-up sensation.
- Face] - Florid complexion.
- Face] - Blotchy, red appearance.
- Face] - Acne. [Juglans; Kal. ars.]
- Face] - Bones sensitive, especially beneath orbits.
- Mouth] - Dry; viscid saliva.
- Mouth] - Tongue mapped, red, shining, smooth, and dry, with dysentery;
broad, flat, indented, thickly coated.
- Mouth] - Feeling of a hair on tongue.
- Throat] - Fauces red and inflamed.
- Throat] - Dry and rough.
- Throat] - Parotid glands swollen.
- Throat] - Uvula relaxed, oedematous, bladder-like.
- Throat] - Pseudo-membranous deposit on tonsils and soft palate.
- Throat] - Burning extending to stomach.
- Throat] - Aphthae.
- Throat] - Diphtheria, with profound prostration and soft pulse.
- Throat] - Discharge from mouth and throat, tough and stringy.
- Stomach] - Nausea and vomiting after beer.
- Stomach] - Load immediately after eating.
- Stomach] - Feels as if digestion had stopped.
- Stomach] - Dilatation of stomach.
- Stomach] - Gastritis.
- Stomach] - Round ulcer of stomach.
- Stomach] - Stitches in region of liver and spleen and through to
- Stomach] - Dislikes water.
- Stomach] - Cannot digest meat.
- Stomach] - Desire for beer and acids.
- Stomach] - Gastric symptoms are relieved after eating, and the rheumatic
- Stomach] - Vomiting of bright yellow water.
- Abdomen] - Cutting pain in abdomen, soon after eating.
- Abdomen] - Chronic intestinal ulceration.
- Abdomen] - Soreness in right hypochondrium, fatty infiltration of
liver and increase in soft fibrous tissue.
- Abdomen] - Painful retraction, soreness and burning.
- Stool] - Jelly-like, gelatinous; worse, mornings.
- Stool] - Dysentery; tenesmus, stools brown, frothy.
- Stool] - Sensation of a plug in anus.
- Stool] - Periodic constipation, with pain across the loins, and brown
- Urinary] - Burning in urethra.
- Urinary] - After urinating a drop seems to remain which cannot be
- Urinary] - Ropy mucus in urine.
- Urinary] - Urethra becomes clogged up.
- Urinary] - Congestion of kidneys; nephritis, with scanty, albuminous
urine and casts.
- Urinary] - Pyelitis; urine mixed with epithelial cells, mucus, pus,
- Urinary] - Haematochyluria.
- Male] - Itching and pain of penis, with pustules.
- Male] - Ulcers, with paroxysmal stitches; aggravated at night.
- Male] - Constriction at root of penis, at night on awakening.
- Male] - Syphilitic ulcers, with cheesy, tenacious exudation.
- Male] - Erections. [Picric. ac.]
- Female] - Yellow, tenacious leucorrhoea.
- Female] - Pruritus of vulva, with great burning and excitement.
- Female] - Prolapsus uteri; worse in hot weather.
- Respiratory] - Voice hoarse; worse, evening.
- Respiratory] - Metallic, hacking cough.
- Respiratory] - Profuse, yellow expectoration, very glutinous and
sticky, coming out in long, stringy, and very tenacious mass.
- Respiratory] - Tickling in larynx.
- Respiratory] - Catarrhal laryngitis cough has a brassy sound.
- Respiratory] - True membranous croup, extending to larynx and nares.
- Respiratory] - Cough, with pain in sternum, extending to shoulders;
worse when undressing.
- Respiratory] - Pain at bifurcation of trachea on coughing; from mid-sternum
- Heart] - Dilatation, especially from coexisting kidney lesion.
- Heart] - Cold feeling around heart. [Kali nit.]
- Back] - Cutting through loins; cannot walk; extends to groins.
- Back] - Pain in coccyx and sacrum extending up and down.
- Extremities] - Pains fly rapidly from one place to another. [Kali
- Extremities] - Wandering pains, along the bones; worse cold.
- Extremities] - Left-sided sciatica; better, motion.
- Extremities] - Bones feel sore and bruised.
- Extremities] - Very weak.
- Extremities] - Tearing pains in tibia; syphilitic rheumatism. [Mez.]
- Extremities] - Pain, swelling and stiffness and crackling of all
- Extremities] - Soreness of heels when walking.
- Extremities] - Tendo Achilles swollen and painful.
- Extremities] - Pains in small spots. [Oxalic ac.]
- Skin] - Acne.
- Skin] - Papular eruptions.
- Skin] - Ulcer with punched-out edges, with tendency to penetrate
and tenacious exudation.
- Skin] - Pustular eruption, resembling smallpox, with burning pains.
- Skin] - Itching with vesicular eruption.
- Modalities] - Better, from heat.
- Modalities] - Worse, beer, morning, hot weather, undressing.
- Relationship] - Compare : Tart. emet.; Brom.; Hepar; Ind.; Calc.;
- Relationship] - In the production of false membranes compare : Brom.;
Ammon. caust.; Sulph. ac.; Ipecac.
- Relationship] - Antidotes : Ars.; Lach.
- Dose] - Third trituration, also thirtieth attenuation and higher.
- Dose] - The lower preparations of this salt should not be kept too